Thursday, July 7, 2011

Prototypes On The Chair


Looking through at the ideas on the chair, I made few prototypes with different materials as part of my experimentations and how it will looked like in 4D instead of looking only from a sketch view.


Here, I have made a chair model using used cardboard boxes where I basically layered it all together securely with double sided tape as part of my prototype model experimentation. This ideas is actually represents a series of layers that has been bundled up in an un-even layer as it describes that every part of this model have a degree that we can imagine what happens when these layers are no longer holding up from one layer to another. This meaning implies on the biodiversity where in the long run invasion of consumer's demand, the biodiversity and the ecosystem will be unable to meet the needs for consumers and therefore will be wilt and die.



For this chair model, I used white paper where I carefully glued them together with double tape. As for this model, I made it as part of display for the viewers to be questioning about it and judging about our actions towards overtaking biodiversity and the ecosystems at an alarming rate that we can see today. In other words, the chair will be made with clear resin as stated on my sketch where it displays all the nature's wildlife, branches and trees where it kindly tells us as to how many species and wildlife have we killed to make just a simple ordinary chair and how this will affect the biodiversity in the long run?

No comments:

Post a Comment