Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Prototypes of Leaves And Such


My Inspirations.



Here, I started off myself with making various prototypes in relation with my project statement. I used few layers from an old book where it shows the flora and fauna within the ecosystem and how it tells stories and the importance of every meanings within the layers. Here, I want the object to tell the stories as how beautiful the forms within the ecosystem.



I then further out my experimentations with papers where I cut papers and created a leaf shape. The leaf were suppose to be in a bundle of leaves where it creates a lighting motion inside the leaf itself. My intention for this prototype is to show the flow and the movement of the system within the leaf and also it shows the flow within the biodiversity.



Using different material to create this prototype where I wanted to show the skeletons of every part of the leaf and how it holds onto the leaf and also the whole tree. I cut out the cardboard with a cutter, and was fascinated with the outcome as the thickness of the cardboard shows the leaf in a very interesting point of view.



Furthermore, I played with a kitchen roll where I cut out shapes of leaves and roots in an abstract motion. This prototype describes how a tree supports itself with what is around it, with the flowing motion of the leaves creates kind of like by the wind blowing by.

Throughout creating various kinds of prototypes in relation with the leaves, I am trying to find ways in removing these vital components and apply it into in a form that the user or the viewers can interact and understand theoretically and being judgmental of the awareness around us through the process of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment