Monday, September 5, 2011

First Phase Installation


For the first phase of my project, I created an installation and exhibited it during the Art & Creative Design exhibition. I created a space that describes how the ecosystems within the biodiversity works when we invade the ecological cycle that somehow illustrates the silent destruction without we even know the possibilities of what affect the web of the ecosystem.


I made the space with the use of strong plywood that can withstand and create a hallway corridor where I then painted it in white as to not concentrate on the structure but being in-connect with what is inside where I used strings that is surrounded around it.




Every strings are attach with bells as to create sound.


Here, as we go through these web of strings it creates sounds and the sound kindly explains that a species or more that lives and breathe within the ecosystem dies due to the excess of human invasion for the purpose of exploitation. This installation gives out an awareness about our high consumption that overtook biodiversity.





This is how I find it impossible for a person to even not make a sound as they go through these web of strings. An installation that my intention is for the purpose to connect with my point of what my project is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment